Don’t let worries about an unsecured property ruin your lake or beach weekend getaway this summer. Sonitrol residential and commercial alarms are verified by our around-the-clock monitoring team and trusted by police. The moment anyone attempts to break-in to your property, our innovative audio technology enables us to listen in so we can dispatch police and provide details in real-time to responding law enforcement. We’re always on the job so that you can take the break you deserve. Call us at 1-800-444-1191 for a FREE assessment from one of our professional security design consultants.
Since 1969, Sonitrol of Evansville has been family-owned and operated out of our downtown location in Evansville. Our U.L. Certified Central Station is open twenty-four seven, three hundred and sixty-five days a year, and operated by a team of professional, local men and women you can depend on. When you choose Sonitrol to handle your commercial or residential security needs, we consider it an honor to provide you with outstanding service. Call us today at 1 (800) 444-1191 to learn about our current specials and see how we can protect your home or business.
Tired of false alarms? We hear you! So was the retired police officer who founded Sonitrol…That’s what prompted the officer, Al Cronk, to team up with an inventor over fifty-five years ago to develop an alarm system that would accurately determine if a break-in was in progress. Traditional systems depend on motion detector equipment, which unfortunately, can easily be triggered by something as tiny as a warehouse mouse. In his career as a police officer, Cronk had responded to way too many false alarms. His inventor friend, Robert Baxter, came up with the perfect solution, the audio sensor. This innovative sound device launched the Sonitrol alarm, the most dependable and verified alarm system in the industry. Using this audio technology, Sonitrol detects sounds at the first sign of a break-in attempt. Before the would-be perpetrators have even gained access to a facility, our Central Station operators can listen in and hear them trying to gain entry. Our team immediately dispatches law enforcement, who can arrive on scene before anything has been stolen and usually before anyone has broken into the facility.
Because of Sonitrol’s capability to verify true break-ins, we have the fastest police response times and the lowest false alarm rates in the industry. If you want to ensure your business, school, or facility is protected around the clock and that false alarms are a thing of the past, contact us today for a free assessment from one of our security design consultants at (800) 444-1191. We look forward to providing you with security peace of mind.
Evansville Police Department made two apprehensions after our Central Station team dispatched on a Sonitrol alarm. Just the other night, our 24/7 monitoring team received sounds of glass breaking at a local restaurant with a verified audio system by Sonitrol. Immediately, our operators dispatched law enforcement, who arrived on scene and took two suspects into custody. One of the perks of a Sonitrol audio or video alarm, is that it is silent. Would-be intruders never realize we have notified police and that they are on the way. This helps contribute to our high apprehension rate of 181,000 and counting. Way to go, Team Sonitrol and police! Safeguard your business or home with a Sonitrol system today. Call us at 1-800-444-1191 for a free assessment and to hear about our current specials.
Keep your business safe with an affordable security system you can trust. TotalGuard ™ is an all-in-one solution to protecting your facility. Using the Sonitrol mobile app, view your business anytime in real time, playback video, and easily arm or disarm your business. The audio verification technology allows our Central Station team to monitor for early detection of a break-in, and each and every incident is immediately verified via audio and video by the team, ensuring your business is protected. One of our security design consultants would be happy to give you a free assessment and tell you about our current ZERO down install specials. Give us a call at (800) 444-1191. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, our team is here and always on the job!
Have you considered cameras, video, or a new alarm to protect what you value most? Sonitrol’s video and audio verification technology sets us apart from your typical alarm company, making us a leader in the security industry. Using verified intrusion methods, with live audio and video, our 24/7 monitoring team can determine if someone is attempting to break-in to your property. This innovative process ensures fewer false alarm dispatches, faster police response times, and allows our operators to provide critical details to responding law enforcement in real time, helping them catch more would-be intruders. Currently, Sonitrol’s documented apprehension record is 181,000 and counting. To learn more about our state-of-the art video and audio alarm offerings, contact us for a free security assessment of your facility at (800) 444-1191.
It’s three a.m. You are sound asleep, dreaming about that beach vacation you’re planning. Your toes are in the sand, the waves are gently lapping against the shore, when all of a sudden, an earthquake hits! Wait, it’s not an earthquake. It’s your cellphone buzzing across your nightstand. Why is my phone ringing at three a.m.? I was having the best dream!
No one wants to get that call. If you are a Sonitrol customer, you could be on the receiving end of one of those calls from our Central Station operators. Why? Has there been a break-in at your business? Maybe not. Often times, it’s not your usual suspect. A criminal hasn’t triggered the alarm at your facility. The culprit? An unsecured door, blown open by a summer storm or a gust of wind. Yep. A door.
But doors are great, right? They help protect the people who should be there and keep the noise, weather, unauthorized people, and zombies out. And with a Sonitrol security system at your business or residence, you’ve really added protection to your property, valuables, and loved ones. We’ve installed door contacts so that when your system is armed and a door is opened, our monitoring team will dispatch police.
How do the door contacts work?
A door contact has two components. First, there is the switch part that is attached to the doorframe. It can be wirelessly powered with a battery or wired directly to the security panel. The second part of the contact is a magnet. The two components need to meet up when the door is closed to let the control panel know that the door is shut. The standard allowable gap between the contact and magnet before it goes into alarm is ¾ of an inch. Once the magnet is farther than ¾ of an inch, the alarm point is considered open, and if the system is armed, our operators will be notified.
So how could a door cause a false alarm?
Sometimes, buildings settle, doors become misaligned, screws in hinges become loose, and doors and doorframes swell and shrink with changing seasons. It may sound as unlikely as a zombie knocking down your door, but it’s a common cause of false alarms.
So, what can you do?
- Make sure all of your doors close properly. Can you pull the door open without turning the doorknob? Is there play in the door? When you pull on the handle, is it tight? Or does it wiggle and move?
- Check the door hinges. The hinges should be checked to make sure screws have not loosened and the strike plate on the frame is installed properly and not damaged. Make sure the latch on the door is contacting the strike plate on the doorframe.
- Check the door contact on occasion. Over time, the contact and the magnet can become misaligned or components can become damaged. Are both components of the door contact mounted properly and meeting when the door is closed?
Checking to make sure your doors are closed and secure and fixing older doors will help ensure that your building is protected when you arm the security system. It can increase police safety, too. Police safety? You bet. Avoiding these false alarms keeps our police from rushing across town when it isn’t necessary. On a windy night, or when a summer storm might be rolling in, that extra few minutes to check your doors could help make sure you enjoy those beach vacation dreams and don’t get a three a.m. wake-up call!
NO NO NO
The children are back in school. Your house is empty and there is a peaceful quiet in the house during the day…
Did you know that most burglaries happen between the hours of 9am and 4:30pm? The fact of the matter is, a burglar will choose the easiest target possible. Don’t make your home a target for a home burglary!
Take the time to walk around your house. How many of the below tips are true in your home?
- All exterior doors are solid core doors with heavy duty dead bolts
- Sliding glass doors locked by placing a pole or board in the floor track to prevent the door from being lifted off the track
- All windows have adequate primary and secondary locking mechanisms in good operating condition
- Your house address numbers are clearly visible from the street for emergency responders to see
- All entrances to your home are illuminated with bright lights
- Expensive items (computers, TVs, etc.) are not easily visible from your windows
- Trees or shrubs do not obscure the view of your doors or windows from the street
- Bushes & shrubs trimmed to eliminate areas where an intruder could hide
- All outdoor storage sheds, pool house, or other exterior buildings are kept securely locked when not in use
- There are no unsecured ladders by your house
- Garage doors are kept closed and locked
- Your vehicles are kept locked when in the driveway
- Close and lock your doors and windows each time before you leave home
- Turn your security system on every time you leave home
- When you’re home is not occupied in the evening, use lights that are controlled by timers
- All members of your household know what to do in case of a fire or emergency
- Arrange for a friend or neighbor to come by and check on your home when you are away
- Have a current inventory of the valuables inside your home, including makes, models, serial numbers, and photographs
- When possible, permanently label your valuable items like jewelry
- Remove all extra hidden keys and give one to a trusted neighbor or friend
- Your home is equipped with smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
When it come to your home’s security, “Foresight is better then hindsight”!