Sonitrol was nominated as a top business in the Courier & Press Readers’ Choice 2020 Awards! Choose the Home Security category to cast your vote for Sonitrol! We are so excited to be in the final voting stage, and we appreciate your vote. Click the photo below or vote here.
Law enforcement officers apprehended two intruders earlier this week at a Muncie area school after our Central Station operator, Liz, received an alarm and dispatched police. Sonitrol alarms keep properties protected 24 hours, 365 days a year. Our team of professionals is always on the job, and we will alert law enforcement the moment one of our alarms is triggered. Way to go, Muncie Police Department, Ball State Police Department, and Liz from Team Sonitrol!
Tired of false alarms? We hear you! So was the retired police officer who founded Sonitrol…That’s what prompted the officer, Al Cronk, to team up with an inventor over fifty-five years ago to develop an alarm system that would accurately determine if a break-in was in progress. Traditional systems depend on motion detector equipment, which unfortunately, can easily be triggered by something as tiny as a warehouse mouse. In his career as a police officer, Cronk had responded to way too many false alarms. His inventor friend, Robert Baxter, came up with the perfect solution, the audio sensor. This innovative sound device launched the Sonitrol alarm, the most dependable and verified alarm system in the industry. Using this audio technology, Sonitrol detects sounds at the first sign of a break-in attempt. Before the would-be perpetrators have even gained access to a facility, our Central Station operators can listen in and hear them trying to gain entry. Our team immediately dispatches law enforcement, who can arrive on scene before anything has been stolen and usually before anyone has broken into the facility.
Because of Sonitrol’s capability to verify true break-ins, we have the fastest police response times and the lowest false alarm rates in the industry. If you want to ensure your business, school, or facility is protected around the clock and that false alarms are a thing of the past, contact us today for a free assessment from one of our security design consultants at (800) 444-1191. We look forward to providing you with security peace of mind.
Keep your business safe with an affordable security system you can trust. TotalGuard ™ is an all-in-one solution to protecting your facility. Using the Sonitrol mobile app, view your business anytime in real time, playback video, and easily arm or disarm your business. The audio verification technology allows our Central Station team to monitor for early detection of a break-in, and each and every incident is immediately verified via audio and video by the team, ensuring your business is protected. One of our security design consultants would be happy to give you a free assessment and tell you about our current ZERO down install specials. Give us a call at (800) 444-1191. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, our team is here and always on the job!
The countdown is here, and sure enough, in just a few short weeks, students, and teachers alike, will be bursting through school doors across the country, proclaiming three months of freedom. And while the students are away, will the burglars play? Here are a few quick tips to secure your school and prevent a break-in:
- Use outdoor lights. Make sure your school’s outdoor walkways, entrances, and exits are clearly lit. Motion detector lights are excellent deterrents for potential vandals.
- Store valuable equipment, such as computers, tablets, and science lab items in interior rooms and away from windows, out of sight from prying eyes.
- Consider a verified security company versus a traditional alarm company. Unique factors set Sonitrol apart from traditional alarms and help us protect your students, teachers, and campus. As a provider of school security to more than 12,000 schools across North America for over fifty years, the Sonitrol Safe Schools program takes campus security to another level. Here’s how:
- We provide state-of-the-art audio detection. With strategically placed audio sensors throughout your facility, you don’t have to worry about your school being unprotected while the students are away. The instant a vandal breaks a window, opens a door, or breaks into your facility through rooftop access or any means, our audio sensors are activated. This means operators in central station immediately begin listening to real-time events and can determine whether it is a false alarm or if a break-in is occurring. They relay this information to law enforcement. Traditional alarms can’t verify what is happening when the motion detectors they depend on are tripped, which causes a high rate of false alarms. Unlike Sonitrol, they can’t be sure an actual break-in is occurring. Also, a unique feature of the Sonitrol alarm is that the criminals won’t even know police are on their way because this is a silent alarm.
- We offer managed access control. Using programmed keyless entry, you can decide which employees have permission to enter your facility and through which doors. From day care facilities to college campuses, depending on the number of your staff, this is a huge convenience, during the school year and on summer break. Traditional alarm companies may offer access control, but Sonitrol also offers door prop notification. This means that if a student or staff member intentionally leaves a door propped open, for example, to allow someone to access the school after hours, our operators will receive a notification and contact you about the door. This feature can be programmed according to your specifications. You may, for instance, want door prop notification to alert us after only thirty seconds of a door being open. It’s up to you.
- We offer emergency panic buttons. It’s an unfortunate reality, but schools are more vulnerable to violence and crime than ever before. When the students and teachers return after break, Sonitrol can provide unmatched security for any on-campus emergency. Our panic buttons can be placed in common areas around the school, such as the front office, and can even be carried on key chains by administrators. With the press of a button, not only will police be dispatched, the audio sensors will activate to allow operators to listen in during an emergency. This enables them to provide critical details to responding law enforcement. As an extra feature, if you choose to add video surveillance as well, after a panic button has been pressed, operators can watch live feed of your campus. This allows them to provide law enforcement even more information as to what is happening on your campus. Before the police arrive, they can know who is in the building and where any potential perpetrators may be. While traditional alarm companies might offer you a panic button, they can’t verify what is happening on your campus as Sonitrol can with our technology.
Sonitrol can provide unrivaled security for your school. We even offer fire detection monitoring. This summer break let us handle your school campus security needs. For a free quote, call us today at 1-800-444-1191 to have one of our security professionals assess your school’s security risks and recommend a tailored solution to protect your school, students, and teachers.
From its inception, Sonitrol has been a proud supporter of our men and women in blue. In fact, our company wouldn’t be here today if it hadn’t been for the teamwork of an inventor and a local police officer back in the early 1960s. We are so grateful for all that the Evansville Police Department does to protect and serve our community, which is one of the many reasons we are excited about next week’s EPD Foundation SWAT Challenge.
SWAT challenge, you say? I can hardly do a squat. There’s no need to worry. This unique, 5k urban obstacle course is a family-friendly event. With more than 20 SWAT team members, plus volunteers, stationed to assist you throughout the obstacle course, this event is about being part of the EPD team. Last year’s participants ranged from six-years-old to seniors. From tire and wall obstacles, to being able to run, jump, and slide over cars, this is a 5k unlike any other, and the EPD Foundation welcomes anyone who is up for the challenge to participate.
Proceeds from the event go towards scholarships for EPD family members and specialized equipment and training for the SWAT team. This year’s challenge is on Saturday, May 4th, Star Wars Day, so be prepared to see some Star Wars-themed obstacles and maybe even some characters. Join Sonitrol in supporting the men and women who sacrifice for us twenty-four hours a day to keep our community safe. Register your team or as an individual at www.epdfoundation.org. Together, we can back the blue.
5thAnnual EPD Foundation SWAT Challenge
May 4th, 2019
NW Riverside Dr., Evansville, IN 47708
As a physician, you often have to juggle many different responsibilities. From handling your patients to managing your staff, you already have a lot on your plate to deal with. The worst nightmare for any physician would be to have their operations disrupted by a break-in on their premises. Due to the important and sensitive role that you play in society, you can become a desirable target without even thinking about it.
It’s a sad fact that opioid addiction is on the rise. And even though you may not have drugs in the office, an addict will look for anything they can sell, pawn or exchange for another fix. According to the FBI, victims of burglary suffered an estimated $3.6 Billion in property losses in 2016. And while a good insurance company will cover the loss of property, the loss of your patient’s information cannot be measured.
Potential risks to Physician premises
A doctor’s office is often susceptible to many different risks as a result of the sensitive role that physicians play. The 3 main categories that can make them targets of burglars and vandalism include:
While most physicians don’t keep a large stock of drugs readily available in their offices, they may have ordered a temporary stock to deal with rising customer demand. It can prove disastrous if burglars or drug addicts target your office and end up stealing drugs to utilize for harmful purposes.
It is sometimes necessary to keep small amounts of cash in the office for convenience purposes. It is, therefore, a good idea to adequately protect your premises from break-ins that can result in the theft of cash.
Most importantly, safeguarding the information of your patients should be any physician’s top concern. Because you handle addresses, social security numbers, credit card data and medical records, your office can become a target for burglaries.
In addition, disgruntled patients and their relatives can plan to do harm if they were dissatisfied with a previous experience or service.
The need for proper security
To adequately safeguard your premises, installing a verified electronic security system can deter potential threats and keep all your valuables safe. Any break-ins can be immediately detected and police can be notified to respond in real time. This will not only give you peace of mind, it will also reassure your customers that you have their best interests at heart.
How Sonitrol can help
Are your premises vulnerable? Don’t be a desirable target. Sonitrol is a verified Electronic Security System that offers intrusion detection, video-monitoring, panic-buttons, fire/smoke detection and keyless entry. These basic and essential features all work hand in hand to deter threats and to immediately detect burglary attempts. Cops love the system because it offers instant alarm verification and provides information in real time.
With advanced monitoring, it also tends to deter crime before it happens. Your premises are fully monitored through a combination of audio and video clips. Is anyone looking for opioid to feed their addiction? Sonitrol will stop them in their tracks or catch them red-handed. Need a flexible and advanced security system? Contact Sonitrol today. 800.444.1191
One of the most wonderful times of the year can quickly turn into the most dangerous time of year without proper fire prevention. As you decorate and spread holiday cheer remember some of these simple tips:
- Water it or Bonfire it – Live Christmas trees are not only beautiful, but have that special Christmas smell! But, without the proper care and attention, you can be putting an instant match into your office or home. These simple tasks are a must:
- Keep your tree watered.
- Keep your tree away from heaters and flames.
- And discard your tree when dry.
- Using the glow – Candles can have that warm beautiful glow and can make any office smell like grandma’s Christmas cookies. Remember to place candles away from papers, blinds, lamps or other low hanging flammable items. It only takes a moment for a fire to get out of control!
- Plug it in…but properly – Remember to:
- Never use an indoor extension cord, outdoors
- Never use a frayed or damaged cord – BUY A NEW ONE
- One adapter per outlet! Do not accept the challenge to see how many electrical appliances you can plug into one outlet!!
- Do not plug one extension cord into another; 50 foot of electrical cord does not mean 5, 10 foot cords plugged into each other.
- Not all cords are created equally! In fact, most house fires are caused by improper cord usage. Look for the number of watts on the appliance and then purchase the proper extension cord.
- Do not connect a Three-Prong plug in a Two-Hole cord.
- Have a monitored fire system – When you’re away, a fire can smolder for hours without the outside world noticing. With a monitored fire system, it is possible for help to be dispatched before even the neighbors notice. This can save valuable property along with priceless mementos and memories!
For more tips on keeping your property from a fire, go to NFPA.ORG.
If you have a sign on your door saying the business is closed for the weekend, you have just told the public that your building will be unoccupied for the holiday. Is your alarm system up to the task?
Several businesses have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars over a holiday weekend. The bad guys even took their truck. And while you may have the very best insurance provider, they usually only cover lost equipment. Which piece of equipment is most valuable to your business? If it was gone, how long would you be down? If someone burglarized your store, how long would it take to clean up and restock the missing items? Burglaries cost money. No system can prevent burglaries. But a verified system has a better chance of keeping your property on your property.
For a free assessment contact us!