Sonitrol provides fire alarms, in addition to security, at local businesses and schools. Last night, our Central Station operator, Maye, received a fire alarm at Central High School and dispatched authorities. Evansville Fire Department extinguished the fire that had started in the light board inside the school’s auditorium, and no one was injured. Thank you, Evansville Fire Department, for serving our community! And nice job, Maye!
With the purpose of providing sophisticated, verified alarms to his community in order to help law enforcement officers increase criminal apprehensions, in 1969, our founder, Dr. William “Doc” Standring opened Sonitrol. Our team continually contributes to Sonitrol’s North American record of 182,704 apprehensions and counting. We offer a variety of security solutions including the following: Verified Audio Detection, SonaVision (Verified Video Monitoring), Cameras and DVRs, U.L. Fire Systems, Access Control, Medical Alert Pendants, and Panic Buttons. A security design consultant is available to design the security solution for your property at (800) 444-1191.
Team Sonitrol’s Flavia and her daughter, Madison, took Subway and certificates of appreciation to EPD last night. They met with Officer Fahse, one of the officers who recently apprehended an intruder at an EVSC school we monitor. We also want to give a shout out to the crew not pictured: Officers Toney, Hallmark, and Maier. When our Central Station operators detect an intrusion, Evansville Police Department is quick to respond. Thank you, law enforcement officers, for all you do!
We have another large installation completed for one of our commercial clients. Great job, Adam from Team Sonitrol! Call us today at 1(800) 444-1191 to see how we can design the security system just for your business needs. We offer audio alarms, verified video, access control, fire systems, medical pendants, panic buttons and more, all monitored 24 hours a day from our downtown Central Station.
The countdown is here, and sure enough, in just a few short weeks, students, and teachers alike, will be bursting through school doors across the country, proclaiming three months of freedom. And while the students are away, will the burglars play? Here are a few quick tips to secure your school and prevent a break-in:
- Use outdoor lights. Make sure your school’s outdoor walkways, entrances, and exits are clearly lit. Motion detector lights are excellent deterrents for potential vandals.
- Store valuable equipment, such as computers, tablets, and science lab items in interior rooms and away from windows, out of sight from prying eyes.
- Consider a verified security company versus a traditional alarm company. Unique factors set Sonitrol apart from traditional alarms and help us protect your students, teachers, and campus. As a provider of school security to more than 12,000 schools across North America for over fifty years, the Sonitrol Safe Schools program takes campus security to another level. Here’s how:
- We provide state-of-the-art audio detection. With strategically placed audio sensors throughout your facility, you don’t have to worry about your school being unprotected while the students are away. The instant a vandal breaks a window, opens a door, or breaks into your facility through rooftop access or any means, our audio sensors are activated. This means operators in central station immediately begin listening to real-time events and can determine whether it is a false alarm or if a break-in is occurring. They relay this information to law enforcement. Traditional alarms can’t verify what is happening when the motion detectors they depend on are tripped, which causes a high rate of false alarms. Unlike Sonitrol, they can’t be sure an actual break-in is occurring. Also, a unique feature of the Sonitrol alarm is that the criminals won’t even know police are on their way because this is a silent alarm.
- We offer managed access control. Using programmed keyless entry, you can decide which employees have permission to enter your facility and through which doors. From day care facilities to college campuses, depending on the number of your staff, this is a huge convenience, during the school year and on summer break. Traditional alarm companies may offer access control, but Sonitrol also offers door prop notification. This means that if a student or staff member intentionally leaves a door propped open, for example, to allow someone to access the school after hours, our operators will receive a notification and contact you about the door. This feature can be programmed according to your specifications. You may, for instance, want door prop notification to alert us after only thirty seconds of a door being open. It’s up to you.
- We offer emergency panic buttons. It’s an unfortunate reality, but schools are more vulnerable to violence and crime than ever before. When the students and teachers return after break, Sonitrol can provide unmatched security for any on-campus emergency. Our panic buttons can be placed in common areas around the school, such as the front office, and can even be carried on key chains by administrators. With the press of a button, not only will police be dispatched, the audio sensors will activate to allow operators to listen in during an emergency. This enables them to provide critical details to responding law enforcement. As an extra feature, if you choose to add video surveillance as well, after a panic button has been pressed, operators can watch live feed of your campus. This allows them to provide law enforcement even more information as to what is happening on your campus. Before the police arrive, they can know who is in the building and where any potential perpetrators may be. While traditional alarm companies might offer you a panic button, they can’t verify what is happening on your campus as Sonitrol can with our technology.
Sonitrol can provide unrivaled security for your school. We even offer fire detection monitoring. This summer break let us handle your school campus security needs. For a free quote, call us today at 1-800-444-1191 to have one of our security professionals assess your school’s security risks and recommend a tailored solution to protect your school, students, and teachers.