Since 1969, Sonitrol of Evansville has been family-owned and operated out of our downtown location in Evansville. Our U.L. Certified Central Station is open twenty-four seven, three hundred and sixty-five days a year, and operated by a team of professional, local men and women you can depend on. When you choose Sonitrol to handle your commercial or residential security needs, we consider it an honor to provide you with outstanding service. Call us today at 1 (800) 444-1191 to learn about our current specials and see how we can protect your home or business.
Tired of false alarms? We hear you! So was the retired police officer who founded Sonitrol…That’s what prompted the officer, Al Cronk, to team up with an inventor over fifty-five years ago to develop an alarm system that would accurately determine if a break-in was in progress. Traditional systems depend on motion detector equipment, which unfortunately, can easily be triggered by something as tiny as a warehouse mouse. In his career as a police officer, Cronk had responded to way too many false alarms. His inventor friend, Robert Baxter, came up with the perfect solution, the audio sensor. This innovative sound device launched the Sonitrol alarm, the most dependable and verified alarm system in the industry. Using this audio technology, Sonitrol detects sounds at the first sign of a break-in attempt. Before the would-be perpetrators have even gained access to a facility, our Central Station operators can listen in and hear them trying to gain entry. Our team immediately dispatches law enforcement, who can arrive on scene before anything has been stolen and usually before anyone has broken into the facility.
Because of Sonitrol’s capability to verify true break-ins, we have the fastest police response times and the lowest false alarm rates in the industry. If you want to ensure your business, school, or facility is protected around the clock and that false alarms are a thing of the past, contact us today for a free assessment from one of our security design consultants at (800) 444-1191. We look forward to providing you with security peace of mind.
Evansville Police Department made two apprehensions after our Central Station team dispatched on a Sonitrol alarm. Just the other night, our 24/7 monitoring team received sounds of glass breaking at a local restaurant with a verified audio system by Sonitrol. Immediately, our operators dispatched law enforcement, who arrived on scene and took two suspects into custody. One of the perks of a Sonitrol audio or video alarm, is that it is silent. Would-be intruders never realize we have notified police and that they are on the way. This helps contribute to our high apprehension rate of 181,000 and counting. Way to go, Team Sonitrol and police! Safeguard your business or home with a Sonitrol system today. Call us at 1-800-444-1191 for a free assessment and to hear about our current specials.
Keep your business safe with an affordable security system you can trust. TotalGuard ™ is an all-in-one solution to protecting your facility. Using the Sonitrol mobile app, view your business anytime in real time, playback video, and easily arm or disarm your business. The audio verification technology allows our Central Station team to monitor for early detection of a break-in, and each and every incident is immediately verified via audio and video by the team, ensuring your business is protected. One of our security design consultants would be happy to give you a free assessment and tell you about our current ZERO down install specials. Give us a call at (800) 444-1191. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, our team is here and always on the job!
Have you considered cameras, video, or a new alarm to protect what you value most? Sonitrol’s video and audio verification technology sets us apart from your typical alarm company, making us a leader in the security industry. Using verified intrusion methods, with live audio and video, our 24/7 monitoring team can determine if someone is attempting to break-in to your property. This innovative process ensures fewer false alarm dispatches, faster police response times, and allows our operators to provide critical details to responding law enforcement in real time, helping them catch more would-be intruders. Currently, Sonitrol’s documented apprehension record is 181,000 and counting. To learn more about our state-of-the art video and audio alarm offerings, contact us for a free security assessment of your facility at (800) 444-1191.
It is National Fire Prevention Week, and it is important to discuss fire prevention measures and safety tips with your loved ones, friends, and co-workers.
Here are some safety tips to consider:
- Install smoke alarms throughout your home and business, test them once a month, and if they are not working, replace the batteries. An early warning from a regularly tested smoke alarm can save lives.
- Have a plan. Talk with your family, especially younger kids, about what to do if a smoke alarm goes off. Make sure you each know at least one or two ways to escape from every room in your home in the event of a fire. Do practice fire drills, and know where to meet up outside, for example, the mailbox. Have escape plans at your place of work, too. Practice getting out in less than two minutes.
- In the event of a fire, “Get out, and stay out.” Only professional firefighters should enter a building that is on fire. Don’t go back inside.
- Have a monitored fire system that will dispatch the fire department. Sonitrol’s fire detection integrates with all of our products and services for your home or business. Just like our alarm monitoring services, our Central Station team monitors smoke and heat detectors, sprinkler systems and pull stations. Our operators can differentiate between an intrusion alarm and a fire signal and will immediately dispatch the necessary emergency personnel to your facility or home. Our professional service team will install, maintain, and inspect your system regularly. Call us today for a free assessment at (800) 444-1191.
Fifty years ago, in 1969, our founder, Dr. William Standring, “Doc”, opened Sonitrol of Evansville to help police reduce false alarms and to increase criminal apprehensions. Since then, our location has played an essential role in achieving Sonitrol corporate’s apprehension rate of over 180,140 criminals and counting. What began as one man’s vision of helping police catch criminals has grown into a trusted family of people who value each other, their clients, and their community. We couldn’t have achieved this milestone without the continued support of our customers, fire department, and law enforcement officers alike, which is why we’d like to invite you all to celebrate with us.
We would love to see you on Friday, September 13, 2019 between 11a.m.-2p.m. for our 50thAnniversary Open House. In addition to serving delicious barbecue and sides from our local favorite, Miller’s BBQ Catering, we will be giving tours of our Central Station, the heart of Sonitrol, where our operators work 24 hours a day to monitor our customers’ verified alarms. With the Central Station tour, you will find out how operators listen to live audio feed to determine whether or not to dispatch police. Join us for free barbecue, take a tour of our operation, and celebrate with us. We are excited for the next fifty years to come!
When: Friday, September 13, 2019
Where: Sonitrol of Evansville
208 NW Third Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Call us with any questions: (800) 444-1191 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s three a.m. You are sound asleep, dreaming about that beach vacation you’re planning. Your toes are in the sand, the waves are gently lapping against the shore, when all of a sudden, an earthquake hits! Wait, it’s not an earthquake. It’s your cellphone buzzing across your nightstand. Why is my phone ringing at three a.m.? I was having the best dream!
No one wants to get that call. If you are a Sonitrol customer, you could be on the receiving end of one of those calls from our Central Station operators. Why? Has there been a break-in at your business? Maybe not. Often times, it’s not your usual suspect. A criminal hasn’t triggered the alarm at your facility. The culprit? An unsecured door, blown open by a summer storm or a gust of wind. Yep. A door.
But doors are great, right? They help protect the people who should be there and keep the noise, weather, unauthorized people, and zombies out. And with a Sonitrol security system at your business or residence, you’ve really added protection to your property, valuables, and loved ones. We’ve installed door contacts so that when your system is armed and a door is opened, our monitoring team will dispatch police.
How do the door contacts work?
A door contact has two components. First, there is the switch part that is attached to the doorframe. It can be wirelessly powered with a battery or wired directly to the security panel. The second part of the contact is a magnet. The two components need to meet up when the door is closed to let the control panel know that the door is shut. The standard allowable gap between the contact and magnet before it goes into alarm is ¾ of an inch. Once the magnet is farther than ¾ of an inch, the alarm point is considered open, and if the system is armed, our operators will be notified.
So how could a door cause a false alarm?
Sometimes, buildings settle, doors become misaligned, screws in hinges become loose, and doors and doorframes swell and shrink with changing seasons. It may sound as unlikely as a zombie knocking down your door, but it’s a common cause of false alarms.
So, what can you do?
- Make sure all of your doors close properly. Can you pull the door open without turning the doorknob? Is there play in the door? When you pull on the handle, is it tight? Or does it wiggle and move?
- Check the door hinges. The hinges should be checked to make sure screws have not loosened and the strike plate on the frame is installed properly and not damaged. Make sure the latch on the door is contacting the strike plate on the doorframe.
- Check the door contact on occasion. Over time, the contact and the magnet can become misaligned or components can become damaged. Are both components of the door contact mounted properly and meeting when the door is closed?
Checking to make sure your doors are closed and secure and fixing older doors will help ensure that your building is protected when you arm the security system. It can increase police safety, too. Police safety? You bet. Avoiding these false alarms keeps our police from rushing across town when it isn’t necessary. On a windy night, or when a summer storm might be rolling in, that extra few minutes to check your doors could help make sure you enjoy those beach vacation dreams and don’t get a three a.m. wake-up call!
Often times, when people think of business security systems, they only consider how an alarm will protect their location after hours. But let’s look at how a verified alarm system, specifically, Sonitrol’s TotalGuard™ alarm, can offer your company, or even your school, protection during your daytime business hours.
You may be wondering…What is TotalGuard™? This is an ALL-IN-ONE intrusion detection solution that includes impact-activated audio, glass break analytics, motion detection and video verification. The TotalGuard™ system has wireless connectivity and complete volumetric intrusion detection. Once armed, which can be done via your Sonitrol Mobile app, the alarm works around the clock to protect your business.
So how can it help you during daytime business hours when it isn’t even armed? When a TotalGuard™ alarm is paired with our unique panic button, our Central Station operators will have instant access to live video and audio feed the moment you press your panic button. A variety of business settings might have need for this sort of set-up, such as gas stations, banks, fast food restaurants, and convenience stores. Here are a few scenarios where this could benefit your company during regular business hours:
- Unruly individuals. From customers losing tempers to belligerent individuals acting aggressively to your cashier or staff at a gas station or small business shop, in the security business, we’ve seen it all. Sometimes, employees find themselves in a situation that has intensified in an instant, and for the safety of customers and themselves, they need the police there right away. Once they press the panic button, our Central Station operators will see live video and hear live audio feed from the TotalGuard™ system, while simultaneously dispatching police. Our team will give the police details as to what is happening in your business.
- Active threats. Gas stations, fast food restaurants, convenience stores, jewelry stores, pawn shops, and banks jump to mind as potential targets for hold-ups or active threats. While we hope it never happens, being prepared with a TotalGuard™ alarm and panic button could save lives by providing responding law enforcement with critical information. In the terrible event of a hold-up, a bank teller, for example, can press the panic button and instantly activate our TotalGuard™ camera to allow our operators to relay real time information with live video and audio feed to police as they race to the scene.
- School threats. By adding a TotalGuard™ camera and panic button to your school office, your front desk staff can alert us the moment something goes wrong, with the press of a button. The instant your school panic button is pressed our Central Station operators will notify police while seeing, recording, and sharing real-time details with law enforcement. This extra level of security can help police secure your campus and protect your students and staff during any school threat.
TotalGuard™ is an affordable camera alarm solution, turned on and off from your Sonitrol Mobile app. Not only will TotalGuard™ provide all-inclusive verified protection for your business after hours, paired with our panic button, it gives you dependable emergency assistance for your employees, customers, students, and company when you’re open for business. For a free consultation with our security professionals and to hear about our zero-down TotalGuard™ installation special, contact us at (800) 444-1191.
It’s National Police Week, and we would like to say thank you to our men and women in blue for your dedication to serve and protect our communities. Sonitrol has been a proud supporter of police since our founding in the early 1960s. In fact, our story began with the partnership of an inventor and a police officer. Over fifty years ago, an Indiana innovator by the name of Robert Baxter teamed up with a fellow Hoosier and local police officer, Al Cronk. Using Baxter’s latest invention, the audio sensor, the pair created a security company that could reduce false alarms for police and increase criminal apprehensions.
This partnership had incredible results:
- We reduce false alarms for police. Conventional alarms have up to a 98% false alarm rate because, unlike Sonitrol, they can’t verify that a break-in is actually occurring. While the conventional systems rely on door and window contacts alone to detect intrusion, Sonitrol also uses highly sensitive audio sensors that can detect abnormal sounds in and around your building. With our patented audio intrusion detection, our 24/7 on-call operators begin listening the instant an intruder is attempting to enter a facility and can determine if a crime is occurring. We don’t have to waste the time of local police by sending them to investigate every time the air conditioning kicks on and causes a curtain or the blinds to rustle and trips a motion detector like other alarms. We only dispatch police in the event of a real break-in.
- We have a high apprehension rate. Unlike traditional alarm companies, when a burglar actually breaks-in through a window, rooftop access, or door, our alarm is silent, so the criminal won’t even realize we have dispatched police and that they are on the way. Sonitrol has assisted law enforcement in apprehending over 179,698 criminals to date.
- Our system creates increased safety for police. Because our system is verified, we won’t dispatch the police unless we are sure there is a real break-in. Other alarm companies notify the police for countless false alarms due to their inability to verify alarms, and this sends police racing across town at high speeds, putting them in danger, for absolutely no reason. Also, when a real break-in is occurring, our operators listen to every second of audio and even watch live feed if video verification has been installed, and in turn, they relay critical details to the police who are being dispatched. Providing the police with this essential information better prepares them for what they can expect as they head to the scene of the break-in.
- We are a proud supporter of our local law enforcement. We are so thankful for being able to participate in local police fundraisers and events, from the EPD Foundation SWAT Challenge to the EPD Foundation Policeman’s Ball. We are especially fond of our K-9 Officer, Doc, who we donated to the EPD in 2016. He is even named after Sonitrol of Evansville’s own founder, “Doc”, Dr. William Standring. K-9 Doc has already assisted his trainer, EPD Sergeant John Montgomery, in apprehending criminals!
Our unique history aside, Sonitrol looks forward to the future, and we can’t wait to see how our relationship with law enforcement continues to grow. We wouldn’t be here today without police, and we are so thankful for all they sacrifice to make our communities safe. If you see a police officer, be sure to thank them. From all of us at Sonitrol, thank you to our police for your service!